Code Maroon is Texas A&M University's emergency notification system. Code Maroon uses multiple notification methods in a best effort to reach campus members in an emergency – by SMS text message, Texas A&M Email, KAMU-FM radio, campus cable television, Emergency Alert System radios, computer alerts, classroom alerts, Twitter and RSS.
The Code Maroon web site now contains instructions regarding how to receive instant updates every time a Code Maroon announcement is sent out. To sign up, click here.
Weather, Safety, and Health Emergencies
In the event of a campus crisis, a health alert, or a severe weather advisory, Texas A&M University has systems for responding. If you are interested in learning more, you might reference these web pages below:
- University Police
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Student Health Services
- Emergency Medical Services
- Student Counseling Service
Health and Safety Resources
College and university campuses, like any busy neighborhood, are not exempt from crime. However, students, faculty and staff can make this special community a safe place to live, learn, and work by taking common sense precautions, being alert and looking out for others. Please remind your student that their safety is a personal responsibility. One should always do what is best under the circumstances, and above all, stay alert and be cautious. Even so, students should be aware that confrontations can occur without provocation, through no fault of their own. When such confrontations do occur, they should seek support after the incident. Victims of incidents of confrontation and assault can benefit from support services after the incident.
- Emergency Resources -- includes campus and community resources
- TellSomebody.tamu.edu -- If a member of the University community observes any behavior that is of concern and that needs to be brought to the attention of the team, please call during business hours: 979.845.3111
- Hate/Bias Reporting -- Individuals who believe that they have experienced harassment or discrimination prohibited by the University are encouraged to contact the appropriate offices within their respective units.
- Step In, Stand Up -- Join Aggies everywhere to Step In and Stand Up against sexual violence and sexual assault.
Contacting Your Student in an Emergency
Often a family emergency may require you to immediately reach your son or daughter. If that emergency occurs at a time during which your student is in a class it may be difficult for you to contact her/him via telephone, and you may need a message delivered.
Student Assistance Services provides a number of services to assist students with medical and personal emergencies, and in the event of hospitalization. To access these services, students or their families should notify Student Assistance Services at 979.845.3113 between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If the emergency occurs after 5:00 pm, families can contact the University Police Department at 979.845.2345 and ask that someone from the Student Affairs - Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) respond to the situation.