Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council
Mission and Purpose: The primary mission of the Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council is to provide a communication link between Aggie Families and the University. The Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council provides a forum for university representatives and a select, representative group of current Aggie Families to share information from their various perspectives to support student success. The purpose of the Aggie Family Advisory Council is to foster communication between the University and families in order to improve the quality of the university experience for both Texas A&M students and their families.
- Advise and Guide – Council members are often asked and encouraged to provide feedback and opinions on parent related programming and events, as well as Texas A&M University programs, initiatives and services. Feedback may be requested at bi-annual Council meetings or online through emails or surveys.
- Program Attendance and Support – Members of the Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council are asked to attend and support New Student & Family Programs events and programs throughout the year, such as topic based webinars, New Student Conferences, Parents’ Weekend, Socials, and Send-Offs.
- Publication Review and Contribution – Throughout the year, New Student & Family Programs publishes a variety of print and electronic publications aimed at helping families during their student’s transition to college and beyond. Council members may be asked to review and/or contribute to these publications throughout their tenure on the Council.
- Attend Bi-annual Council Meetings – Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council meetings will be held during a weekend in the Fall and Spring. Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council members are expected to attend both meetings. Additional teleconference meetings may be held based upon necessity.
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Have a full-time undergraduate Texas A&M University student
- Willingness to meet the responsibilities outlined above
- Must be available for on campus meeting October 12-13, 2018
By completing and signing the following application, I certify that I meet the required qualifications described above and understand the responsibilities set forth for the Aggie Family Advisory Council. I understand that should I be unable to fulfill my responsibilities, I will notify New Student & Family Programs in a timely manner.