Howdy Family Members!
Welcome to the Aggie Parents & Families website! As part of the Aggie Family, we want to be your partner in supporting your student(s) at Texas A&M. Your roles as parents and mentors are as important as ever. Studies show that parental involvement increases the chances that a college student will be successful on campus and improves graduation rates.
We hope that you will take full advantage of the services and resources we provide. We strive to be a one-stop resource for Aggie Parents & Families! Feel free to contact us at 979.845.5826 or by email if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Connect with us!
Outcomes for Families
The Aggie Parent & Families Program in the Offices of the Dean of Student Life, in collaboration with key partners across campus, works with parents to help them understand the student experience, support student learning, and empower students to take personal responsibility for their social and academic choices.
Families contribute to student success by:
- Understanding the student experience and knowing about resources available at Texas A&M University
- Supporting the University’s goals for student learning and development outcomes
- Understanding and supporting Texas A&M University’s commitment to:
- its core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless-service
- the Aggie Code of Honor
- Knowing when to step in to help their student and when to empower their student to take responsibility
- FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act), and PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Developing an affinity for Texas A&M University and the Aggie Family